The ESV Thompson Chain-Reference Bible compels you to experience the harmony of God’s Word with an optimal cross-reference system that has been enriching the spiritual hearts and minds of believers for over 100 years!
Scripture is presented with a reference system that acts as a guide, not merely a tool, allowing you to explore a specific topic methodically through the entirety of the text. Relevant scripture verses are linked together, with over 100,000 topical references and 8,000 chain topics, enabling a study of the Bible that is relevant for all of the faithful- from those interested in what the Bible says about a particular word of interest to those wanting to prepare a sermon that delivers the unity of God’s special revelation to a divided world.
Some biblical study helps can be cluttered in with God’s Word, unintentionally distracting the reader from the simplicity of biblical truth. You will find, however, that the ESV Thompson Chain-Reference Bible’s highly structured and organized cross-reference system has been refined and updated through the years to deliver a reading and study experience that will encourage you to explore Scripture and discover what God has revealed about topics that interest you.
- Full text of the English Standard Version (ESV)
- Easy to understand Chain-Reference System with over 100,000 references in the margins
- References cover over 8,000 topics, each with its own pilot number for exhaustive topical study
- Complete alphabetical and numerical indices listing all 8,000 topics with corresponding pilot numbers and Bible references for comprehensive topical study
- Bible study aids such as biographical sketches of the most prominent people in the Bible, an archeological supplement, glossary, concordance, Bible harmonies, and outlines of each book of the Bible
- Key Verses and Key Thoughts provide basic information you can use to develop your own study
- Verse Analysis shows the topics and themes of every verse and provides easy reference to other verses with the same topics or themes
- 16-page full-color map section
- Words of Christ in red
- Satin ribbon marker
- Presentation page for gift-giving
- Gold gilded page edges
- Cover lies flat when open
- Thumb indexed tabs to help you find each book of the Bible
- 8.5-point type size